At Omega Hospital, we offer a range of outpatient services. Our outpatient services include consultation with specialists, diagnostic services, health checkups and outpatient treatment facilities.
Our outpatient services can be accessed throughout the day, but patients are requested to make appointments to ensure prompt access to the facilities, clinicians and treatments.
WHAT IS CANCER SCREENING?
Cancer screening is looking for cancer before a person has any symptoms. There are different kinds of screening tests.
DOES SCREENING HELP PEOPLE LIVE LONGER?
- Finding some cancers at an early stage (before symptoms appear) may help decrease the chance of dying from those cancers.
- Screening studies are done to see whether deaths from cancer decrease when people are screened.
- Certain factors may cause survival times to look like they are getting better when they are not.
SCREENING TESTS HAVE MANY GOALS.SCREENING TESTS HAVE MANY GOALS.
- Finds cancer before symptoms appear.
- Screens for a cancer that is easier to treat and cure when found early.
- Has few false-negative test results and false-positive test results.
- Decreases the chance of dying from cancer.
SCREENING TESTS ARE NOT MEANT TO DIAGNOSE CANCER.
Screening tests usually do not diagnose cancer. If a screening test result is abnormal, more tests may be done to check for cancer.