Uterus Cervix Cancer
- healthy cervix
- inflammatory cervix
- cervix with epithelial cells anomaly
- intra-epithelial cancer (cancer limited to the cervix epithelial cells)
- infiltrating cancer (cancer spread to other close tissues)
- If the cancer is detected early, it can be easily treated.
Cervix Cancer Treatment
The Cervical Cancer Treatment is different for each stage. Treatment for each stage is as follows:
- Intra-Epithelial Cancer: This is an easier stage to treat and the chances of recovery are high. A surgery called conisation is done where only the cancerous part of the uterus cervix is removed. The operation is done under general anesthesia and vaginally. There is no abdominal incision.
- Spread to Uterus or Vagina: At this stage, the tumor is still local, and high rates of recovery can be obtained with the help of the following methods:
- Surgery: A total hysterectomy is done, which means that the entire uterus is removed. This is necessary to ensure that all the cancerous cells have been removed. The pelvis lymph nodes are also removed and sometimes an ablation of the ovaries is also done, depending on the age of the patients and the characteristics of the tumor.
- Radiotherapy: A caesium endo-vaginal application (with curietherapy, which is internal radiation exposure) is done and to reinforce its efficiency an external radiation exposure is also done.
- Both: Surgery and radiotherapy can also be done.
- Chemotherapy: In some cases, chemotherapy is done along with radiotherapy to reinforce its efficiency.
Apart from surgery and chemotherapy, the new age technology used to treat cervical cancer include Radiology and Radiation Oncology, which are advanced imaging technology that can be used to detect cancer.
Technologies for detection of cancer:
- Computerized Tomography (CT)
- Nuclear Medicine
- PET Fusion
- Robotic Surgical System
- Trilogy Image Guided Radiation Therapy System (IGRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy System (IMRT)
The oncology clinic is comprised of physicians dedicated to treating Uterus cervix cancer and metastases to the system with the latest technology. Because our physicians are specialists in gyn oncology, hematology, medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology and uterus cervix cancer treatment, you can rest assured you’re receiving the best care available. We work with specialists in other areas of care when necessary to give you a comprehensive approach to treatment of uterus cervix cancer. OMEGA offers the latest and most advanced cancer treatments in India. In fact, it is one of the best oncology services in India.
Apart from doctors, we have radiologists who specialize in Imaging, Neuroradiology, PET CT, Abdominal Imaging, Interventional Radiology and Musculoskeletal Imaging We are uniquely positioned to make the tremendous power of these technologies work towards giving you the best cancer treatment.